Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Car Runs Then Turns Off When Slowing Down

Old 03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
JcL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z-28
Transmission: 5-Speed
Car Runs Then Turns Off When Slowing Down

Im having a problem with my car where when i was coming back from rugby practice the car seemed to be turning off everytime I would slow down and stopped. You feel as if the car isnt getting enough gas and the sound of the car keeps getting lower then starts to shake and turns off..It starts up fine but dies out if i dont give it a little gas while idle. My tachometer is broken so i cant tell if the RPM's are too low. Im not really a super car techy person but I really need help since i just got my car painted and everything so it disappointing not being able to drive it
Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91' Firebird SOLD
Engine: 350 TPI +bolt-ons
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Re: Car Runs Then Turns Off When Slowing Down

Originally Posted by JcL
Im having a problem with my car where when i was coming back from rugby practice the car seemed to be turning off everytime I would slow down and stopped. You feel as if the car isnt getting enough gas and the sound of the car keeps getting lower then starts to shake and turns off..It starts up fine but dies out if i dont give it a little gas while idle. My tachometer is broken so i cant tell if the RPM's are too low. Im not really a super car techy person but I really need help since i just got my car painted and everything so it disappointing not being able to drive it
Is this a TPI car?