Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Rich Jensen at Cruzin Performance is THE man

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2000, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich Jensen at Cruzin Performance is THE man

Guys,
A week ago last Friday I overnited my injectors to Rich for cleaning, new screens and o-rings, and flowmatching.

I then called him only to find that he was leaving for the Carlisle, PA show - and probably did not have time to do my injectors until he got back (5 days later).

Well, Rich stayed way late on Monday nite just to do my stuff and get me re-mobilized, and he got the stuff in the mail before leaving for the show.

They arrived at just the right time - and look and perform BETTER than new - he even pre-oiled the o-rings.

Cost for service on 8 injectors?

$80. Plus $5.67 postage. $85.67 is a bigtime bargain for this kind of attention to detail and "beyond-the-call-of-duty" service.

I very highly recommend everyone to use Cruzin Performance, and make no bones about it - Rich is a stand-up guy.

For the curious, I took the 350 TPI down to the heads, ported and polished the plenum, runners, and intake. Serviced injectors, replaced all valve seals, relocated MAT sensor, replaced all other failure-prone sensors, and bolted 'er back together.

My butt-dyno says 20 HP increase. Looks nice, runs great.

Thanks to my buddy Shawn GTA for big help - late nite thrash when he was sick to begin with. Thanks too to Ronnie - for figuring out that I had the distributor in right, but the housing was oriented 180* off, and that's why the cap wouldn't screw down tightly. DUH !!!

Never work on a car after a 14 hour thrash has left you with a double-digit I.Q. - you'll wind up calling your friends (who are still coherent) and asking them stuff like "hey, is it clockwise.....or is it counterclockwise...."

Ummm.....let's see.....my old 289 Ford was......CW. No, wait, it was CCW.

Helllpppppp !!!!!

BOR

------------------
oldvette
Old 10-08-2000, 12:09 AM

Received 216 Likes on 177 Posts
Box,

Yup.

Box,

Yup. (I added that one because I've had TWO great experiences with Cruzin' Performance.

Not only is the service first-rate, the guy is great to talk to and is VERY knowledgable about digital fuel systems. I sent a second set (LT1) and Rich could have easily charged me for the cleaning and flow-matching. I would have been glad to pay the customary fee. Instead, he emailed me to indicate that my injectors were already matched so closely that cleaning would be a waste of time and money. He intalled new screens, new 'O' rings, and new retainer clips and shipped them back to me post-haste. Total cost to me - $26.40. I couldn't have bought the freakin' 'O' rings and retainer clips for that much, let alone shipped and tested them.

My TPI injectors went in at a 38% flow differential and came back at less than 2% (the factory calls a 5% variation a "matched set"). I felt like I had a new engine after completing that one.

I must have a little Missouri blood in me since I don't get swayed easily. I must say, I'm impressed. I strongly recommend the service for anyone who even suspects injector problems. At worst, you'll get a flow report and new seals for next to nothing.

------------------
Later,
Vader
------------------
"Make Me Bad"
Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0