South West Region South West regional discussion board.
View Poll Results: Where Are You? (Phoenix) Or Nearest To.
Mesa
11.11%
Chandler
5.56%
Gilbert
5.56%
Tempe
2.78%
Goodyear
5.56%
Phoenix
22.22%
Scottsdale
5.56%
Surprise
11.11%
Other
30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Possible Meet? Who is Interested?

Old 04-01-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 KITT vert
Engine: SBC
Transmission: 700r4
Re: Possible Meet? Who is Interested?

Nice design but a little bit bulky.. maybe make the sky line a little smaller and also add an outline of south mountain with the antenna's on top of it.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 PM

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 4bbl
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I like the first one. Name:  Untitled_zps5fdc9061.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  92.2 KB
Old 04-01-2014, 10:01 PM

Car: '89/'91 firehawk#25-R
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: auto 700r4(gathering 6spd parts
Axle/Gears: dana 44 9-bolt 3.54

The third one is clean...
Old 04-02-2014, 07:38 PM

Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 350ci 5.7L TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Regarding: AZ3RDGENS club sticker

Considering we all have different opinions and tastes, it would be easier just to have everyone make their own sticker. That way you can choose font, size and color, the only requirement is that it says, "AZ3RDGENS" so it represents our club and you be considered a member.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Sooo, whose up for another meet? Cruise on central wasn't the best turnout Juve and I were having a good time until he had to leave expectantly. We really need to get our **** together if you guys are as serious as Juve and I are about having a club. We could do something like southmoutain again or even cruise into a car show together.. Let me know. All suggestions are welcome. As for the Tucson guys.. hang in there i want to get a decent group together if were going to make a cruise/trip. https://www.facebook.com/AZ3RDGENS?ref=hl
Old 04-14-2014, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by 1986 T/A
Sooo, whose up for another meet? Cruise on central wasn't the best turnout Juve and I were having a good time until he had to leave expectantly. We really need to get our **** together if you guys are as serious as Juve and I are about having a club. We could do something like southmoutain again or even cruise into a car show together.. Let me know. All suggestions are welcome. As for the Tucson guys.. hang in there i want to get a decent group together if were going to make a cruise/trip. https://www.facebook.com/AZ3RDGENS?ref=hl
Cruise on Central was off the hook this year! Not sure where you guys were, but if you paid to hang in Park Central Mall, sorry. We all hang out down at Thomas and Central at Lenny's Burgers where all the action's at every 6 months.

On the subject of another gathering, I think something a little more North, like Metro Center would be better to come together. If it's a carshow you're looking for, then I hear that 83rd and Lake Pleasant is hopping again. They have some good places to eat there, like Sardella's.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:39 PM

Come on guys!
Maybe you belong to other car clubs and that is cool, we're not trying to compete with anybody, we just want to have a club dedicated to 3rd gens only, but still support clubs like AZFBA.
1986T/A and I are really trying to put something together but without you guys is impossible. Perhaps you car is not in the best condition, it doesn't really matter, or maybe you're having issues with your car, and thats the whole point of the car club, we can help each other fix our cars.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:07 PM

Exactly what Juve said... Its not a competition thing as there are not to many thirdgens on the streets, but more of a small club type of thing. But we need you guys to give suggestions aswell of what you want to do. I think it could be cool to meet at south mountain again than cruise up the moutain to a spot that Juve knows of. Even if your apart of a club just come and chill, BUT with respect for each others car and views. If anyone is interested in a club decal just scroll up the forum a bit to see the pic of one on my car.. (i dont make money off of the decals)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:58 PM

You know we aren't bagging on you guys. It may sound a little stiff, but we've seen so many people (me included) trying to start an 'All 3rd Gen' car club. And everytime (including when I tried to do it with a few others) it has always never taken flight. But to see all the 3rd Gen's that showed up for the first gathering was bigger than I've seen in a long time.
So you guys have got a great start.. now keeping them is the important part (I know, speaking from experience). And like I said, I will try to help be a part of it with the KOTSW guys, even though our group is small too. Our main trouble spot is everyone works on different days and shifts. So that make's it difficult to come together.
Also, getting burned out on South Mountain. How about trying a different location this month?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 PM

I think is all about commitment.
We don't ask much from you guys, just to show up. Y'all chose driving 20+ year old cars instead of a newer car that perhaps is more reliable, that shows passion and love for these cars, so share it with us.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3:42

Originally Posted by KNT_RDRaz
Cruise on Central was off the hook this year! Not sure where you guys were, but if you paid to hang in Park Central Mall, sorry. We all hang out down at Thomas and Central at Lenny's Burgers where all the action's at every 6 months.

On the subject of another gathering, I think something a little more North, like Metro Center would be better to come together. If it's a carshow you're looking for, then I hear that 83rd and Lake Pleasant is hopping again. They have some good places to eat there, like Sardella's.

No offense, but from what I saw at central cruise, if you think that was "off the hook" you seriously need a hobby. What was going on in front of Lenny Burger prior to the total closure of northbound Central (6pm-ish) bordered in idiotic. I'm not big on a lot of safety stuff, but I'm amazed someone didn't get hurt.
I'm glad I left my car in the parking garage and was riding with someone else. Based on my experience, it will be the last central cruise I will ever attend.
83rd and Lake Pleasant had about 25 cars 2 weeks ago and nothing this week, so uh yeah if sitting in an pretty much empty parking lot is fun for you.. then yeah it hopping

Originally Posted by Juve88GTA
We don't ask much from you guys, just to show up. Y'all chose driving 20+ year old cars instead of a newer car that perhaps is more reliable, that shows passion and love for these cars, so share it with us.

Sorry, while I support your efforts, our "commitment" to a 26 y/o car has us running all over the country racing it this year. We're already active in several groups only have so much free time. If you happen to do an event when we're in town Tom and I may consider going.

Super Chevy Show in Bakersfield is next out of town trip in early June, feel free to tag along for the road trip.

After that, there's Nashville,TN, Bowling Green, KY and a trip to VIR if back to back to back in Sept. if you're really looking for adventure. I've kinda moved on from the sitting in a lawn chair and talk thing, it was great years ago but quite frankly got quite boring.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by DesertFox
No offense, but from what I saw at central cruise, if you think that was "off the hook" you seriously need a hobby. What was going on in front of Lenny Burger prior to the total closure of northbound Central (6pm-ish) bordered in idiotic. I'm not big on a lot of safety stuff, but I'm amazed someone didn't get hurt.
I'm glad I left my car in the parking garage and was riding with someone else. Based on my experience, it will be the last central cruise I will ever attend.
83rd and Lake Pleasant had about 25 cars 2 weeks ago and nothing this week, so uh yeah if sitting in an pretty much empty parking lot is fun for you.. then yeah it hopping
I guess my choice of words is incorrect.. as I thought "off the hook" also meant "crazy". I agree, the safety was not there and that was the "crazy" part. I will agree with you on that Val. I left my car parked and I didn't show up until 430pm.
As for 83rd, I guess I was misinformed.. was told it is slowly growing and that Goodwill took over half of the old Safeway building and that it's drawing attention once again. As for it being empty this past week, makes sense with all the other annual shows going on. I also agree, it got old hanging out in a parking lot, but every once in awhile isn't so bad. I think a monthly meet up is a positive thing IMHO.

Super Chevy Show in Bakersfield is next out of town trip in early June, feel free to tag along for the road trip.

After that, there's Nashville,TN, Bowling Green, KY and a trip to VIR if back to back to back in Sept. if you're really looking for adventure. I've kinda moved on from the sitting in a lawn chair and talk thing, it was great years ago but quite frankly got quite boring.
LOL not everyone has "deep pockets". Are you paying for everyone to "tag along"? It's great that you guys have found a new notch to put on the pole in this hobby. Hopefully it pays off~ Otherwise I'd be glad to be the recipient of any funds you would potentially throw away.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Juve88GTA
I choose to drive older cars with completely revamped modern drivetrains and suspension setups because I can. I also do it because one of these was my first new car after finishing school back in the day.

We also own brand new ones that get relegated to daily driver status because new cars blend in better than a well maintained older car. Based on last year's 6000 mile road trip, the 88 can be just as reliable out racing down America's highways.

As far as showing up, as Val said, we have a lot more fun flogging the cars at events around the country than we do sitting in parking lots so feel free to come watch the show sometime. Bakersfield is next. Maybe we'll make it to a meet or a Saturday night at the Pavillions but it's a lot more fun to drive them than to sit around and talk about them.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3:42

LOL not everyone has "deep pockets". Are you paying for everyone to "tag along"? It's great that you guys have found a new notch to put on the pole in this hobby. Hopefully it pays off~ Otherwise I'd be glad to be the recipient of any funds you would potentially throw away.
Sorry, you'd have to stand way back in a long line if we were to start just giving stuff away like that.
It's also not unusual to help our friends out with out of town trips but these are the same friends that have been there through entire engine builds and long nights under a car on jack stands.

A lot of people take vacations to Disneyland we do this instead. It's not about having deep pockets, it's about choosing what you spend your time and money on.
You chose to buy multiple Knight Rider clone parts, we got good body work, suspension etc.
Getting to where we are now isn't a case of simply throwing cash at stuff, most of it was done in the garage but Tom, Casey, and whoever else showed up. It's been a 5 year journey to get the car where it is.
The following users liked this post:
1983LU5TA (02-23-2023)
Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 PM

Deep pockets? What are those? Job keeps me on the road consistently during the year so road trips are almost always done entirely on hotel points and frequent flyer programs. Other than gas and entry fees, there are very few out of pocket expenses involved in these trips.

Building the car is entirely different story though. I try not to add up those expenses.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 PM

Not sure where you guys got the idea from to just come in here and start bashing on people. Honestly good for you, you get to go around country and do all sorts of cool racing type things. I daily drive my car from home- to high school- than off to work. You can come in here and act all bad@ss if you want, but it leads to no good. Judging by the names you guys call each other i've seen both of you on AZFBA on Facebook, if your in a group than great you found your car family! Let us develop ours.. Your negativity towards each other is not wanted here..

Last edited by 1986 T/A; 04-15-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1983 LU5 Trans Am, 1967 Chevelle
Engine: LU5, LSx
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.73, 3.73

Im getting a kick out of the last page of this thread, lol. Central cruise was an absolute joke. Its dead, and has been for a few years. Its hit or miss as to whether or not the coppers are going to shut the street down before the sun goes down. If those filthy pigs lightened up, it may return to what it was 5-6 years ago. I dont see that happening. 67th and Bell is still the best spot to hit on a Saturday night. I went out to the Pavilions last week, and it was the same old garbage. $200k checkbook cars, punk kids, and oriental junk. Was my first time going out there in about 4 years, and I wont be doing that again. Arizona sucks as far as the car scene

Last edited by 1983LU5TA; 02-23-2023 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by AZMOPARGURU
Im getting a kick out of the last page of this thread, lol. Central cruise was an absolute joke. Its dead, and has been for a few years. Its hit or miss as to whether or not the coppers are going to shut the street down before the sun goes down. If those filthy coppers lightened up, it may return to what it was 5-6 years ago. I dont see that happening. 67th and Bell is still the best spot to hit on a Saturday night. I went out to the Pavilions last week, and it was the same old garbage. $200k checkbook cars, punk kids, and jap junk. Was my first time going out there in about 4 years, and I wont be doing that again. Arizona sucks as far as the car scene
Central Cruise could be made better in a lot of ways. Set up some burnout boxes with some k barriers would be a good start. There are ways to keep it safer that would keep the cops and the crowds happy. Pre-registration for the parking would be nice too. We've taken up parking on the roof of the garage because at least once we paid to park and there weren't any spaces left.

On the Pavs, I agree. If you get there early enough there are some nice muscle cars there. If you get there after dark, it's mostly rice. We've had the chance to see an arrest or two in the parking lot involving stupid people later in the evening.

As far as the rest of the weekly cruise ins, we don't make many of them. Saturday evening a lot of weekends is either time to collapse after a day of competition or final prep for going out to compete on Sunday morning. And if there isn't an actual competition, the weekend is often consumed with upgrades and maintenance so we make it out to a cruise in a few times a year. And sitting in a parking lot just isn't that attractive any more. I'd much rather spend a free day cruising to Tortilla Flats or Bagdad.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:46 AM

we did the parking lot because not alot of us knew eachother. I would love to do a cruise, but not alot of people can do that right now... Maybe if azfba would plan something we would join them
Old 04-15-2014, 11:51 AM

Completely off the topic guys.
I understand that some of you have different interests, some of you like racing, some of you like to complaint about the car scene in general. But that's not our philosophy, at least in my point of view. And again, the whole purpose of this club (AZ3RDGENS) is to create a group with average 3rdGen owners that use their cars as daily drivers or that perhaps just bought a project car and need help trying to get it to run right, we don't care about the condition, looks, and we don't care how many races or shows their car has won, EVERYONE with a 3rdGen is more than welcome if they have a positive attitude.
Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but let's just be respectful of other peoples efforts.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:02 PM

Hmmm...I'm curious were my 3rd gen Firehawk fit's in?? Ultra Clean has you've all seen,carves corners,drivin when needed,and can do a pass on the track anytime,and all with A/C!!...And has a few know i went to south mountain(and have pic's at the top with Az All Muscle Club) and was at central show/cruise and when time permits have been to every charity show that nancy perry puts on....and all this key board warrior crap is why i just roll to shows Independent.....Just my 2 cents..
Old 04-16-2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by 89' firehawk
Hmmm...I'm curious were my 3rd gen Firehawk fit's in?? Ultra Clean has you've all seen,carves corners,drivin when needed,and can do a pass on the track anytime,and all with A/C!!...And has a few know i went to south mountain(and have pic's at the top with Az All Muscle Club) and was at central show/cruise and when time permits have been to every charity show that nancy perry puts on....and all this key board warrior crap is why i just roll to shows Independent.....Just my 2 cents..
I was wondering about you 89' firehawk...
I just wanna say that we appreciate your support to our car clubs, even tough your 1989 Firehawk is way out of our league.
Hope you find time to come to our upcoming meet.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Car: 1991 Formula
Engine: 305 TPI DUAL CAT (STOCK)
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.somthing

These guys are trying to do something for the better of the 3rd Gen community, to each their own, no need to be condescending. Keep doing your interest Juve and 86 t/a. This has just turned into a sour note thanks to a selective few and their is no need for that. We are all in different stages in life. Plain and simple so no need to knock on any one because we are not the same.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:45 PM

Exactly what mula said. Thats why were open to all different conditions of thirdgens.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:31 PM

Last edited by fakehunter; 04-21-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:44 PM

Last edited by fakehunter; 04-21-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by fakehunter
TO 89firehawk.

Considering your car is not the number 25 firehawk as you state it is, and just an 89 formula guess it fits in fine. Ask me how I know, easy the real 25 firehawk is white but was built in 92 with t-tops and is in the state of Colorado, plus a quick run of your vin number proves everthing.

Check you out glad you had nothing else better to do today..Ah Drama-net..gotta love it.....lol..hence the call sign..'89 firehawk.... and I know of the owner of that car....his name is mike.....

Last edited by 89' firehawk; 04-21-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 PM

Last edited by fakehunter; 04-21-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 PM

Last edited by fakehunter; 04-21-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:20 PM

Yes I have see your car in person and yes is clean but when you go around telling people that is it the real #25 and that the person before removed the 6 speed and all the other bullshit you spewed out and the fake #25 on your glove box...you should have just told me you were in the process of building a clone it would have been left alone.
I reiterated what was told to me when purchased.....and I do have the parts needed to finish the car.....and besides a pic have you actually seen the one and only white hawk in the pic you posted?......the owner sent me very detailed pics of his car...to build it spot on....at the next show....roll up and and well discuss the b.s. spew....

Last edited by 89' firehawk; 04-21-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:17 PM

Old 04-21-2014, 05:22 PM

Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 PM

Today must be f**k with me day.......please feel free to discuss this at any show.....please...
Old 04-21-2014, 05:40 PM

Dumbass huh..... well see..
Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM

Last edited by fakehunter; 04-21-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 PM

Keyboard warrior got it......curious what junk **** do you own?...humour me....
Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 PM

And why do you want to discus this in person so you can take swing at me for telling the true....
Naw..not at all.... nobody really gives 2 looks at these cars yet you took the time to f**k with mine...
Old 04-21-2014, 05:55 PM

Last edited by fakehunter; 04-21-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:59 PM

Just another Richard Cranium! .....
Old 04-21-2014, 06:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 88 GTA Notchback
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: don't know

Name:  200122842-001.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  10.1 KB
Old 04-21-2014, 06:03 PM

Old 04-21-2014, 06:07 PM

Really?....look back at the thread...... I believe it was you that started the name calling for no damn reason....did you join today just to fk with my car?....KW...
Old 04-21-2014, 06:11 PM

Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 PM

Really?....do you walk on water too?.....didn't know I was talking to the world!....Doucher!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:18 PM

You must be the person that posts careless info about everyone else stuff..... that no one thinks or cares about.....
Old 04-21-2014, 06:20 PM

Old 04-21-2014, 06:23 PM

And you really need to get a life of your own.....
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM

Last edited by fakehunter; 04-21-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 PM

And with that being said, I am done with this and will not be posting anymore on this. Ps sorry for hijacking who ever this thread belongs to.
After you already did.....and i know who you are....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible Meet? Who is Interested?